Monday, June 16, 2008

Evolution

Life is good. I had forgotten how sweet it was because I was always busy running to the store, doing laundry, going to work, you know, the standard everyday crap. I forgot what life is really about when I was distracted by those errands. Getting down to the basics makes me appreciate everything more. I know it's super cheesy. Living in a pop up camper isn't what I want to do for the rest of our lives, but it's so relaxing and, surprisingly, energizing. I love to hang out in the forest, chill with my 2 berries and drink good beer. That's the part of life that's good.
It's easy living in a camper, knowing I'm going back to my nice, warm home in a couple months and we'll be surrounded by people we love and want to hang out with. Of course, there's the stuff I miss. I really miss my dad. I start to tear up every time I think about him. I miss him. I miss all you guys too. And I can say that, knowing who I'm speaking to, because the people that care about us are you guys-the ones reading this blog. I wish I could show you all the things we're seeing and experiencing. We try through the blog, but you really can't see it.
I truly hope that Drake remembers this most of all. I know he's around the age that he'll have memories when he's an adult, but I can't be sure, you know. It's not just Alaska that I want him to remember, but this unpredictable adventure that we're having. And how we're all so close right now. That's another thing everyday life drowns out.
I know I'll be a different person after this trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys
I just checked up on you reading the blog. I was hoping for way more naked pictures. It sounds like things are going well for you guys and that the experience is turning out to be a great one. We sure miss you down here, but haven't gotten together with everyone all that much, so you haven't missed much yet.

I hope to catch up with you by phone soon, so be safe and please put some naked pictures of someone on the page--let me know if you need some of me.

Randy

Kristin said...

you totally made me tear up on this one. i have always thought it would be a great experience to move away from everything you know, with just your little family...in a way i am jealous of you for getting to experience this. love you guys...