Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A great woman

Mom Mom passed away on Sunday the 17th. I'm really emotional about it. I can't speak for Bryce. I can't even begin to describe how he's feeling, I'll leave that to him. I can say that she was probably, and understandably, his favorite person.
Mom Mom was one of the nicest people I've ever met. The first time I met her, she immediately made me feel welcome and cared for.
She was possibly the most selfless person I've ever known. She was always concerned with how other people were doing, if they were alright, comfortable, etc. When she would have Bryce and I over for lunch or dinner, she was always worried about the meal or the seating arrangement or something like that. We were stoked to hang out with her, we didn't care if she had the fine china out (which she did).
She always let Bryce and I know that she loved us and accepted us no matter what choices we made. She always supported us, was proud of us and proud of Bryce going to school and getting a job he loves.
Mom Mom was never boastful. She was sharp too. I always thought it was cute that she wouldn't tell anyone how old she was. She told Bryce and I a couple years ago though (when she was 86). I felt like I had top secret information. She would always get dressed up to go to lunch with us.
I only knew her for 8 years, but she had a great affect on my life. I wish I could have known her longer. I wish she wasn't gone. I mostly wish Drake could have gotten to know her and how cool she was.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Love you lots.