Friday, August 15, 2008

cub waiting on mama to open our bear box
cub grooming himself
mama bear coming back through
Today's been crazy.
Bryce and I woke up at 6:30 to unzip our window and see a mother black bear with her cub trying to get into our storage shed that has all our food in it. It's about 15 feet from our bed. She was biting it and pawing at it. There are bite marks in the canvas of the shed. I was petrified. Bryce knew what to do, thankfully. He shooed it away and it hung around for about 15 minutes, then took off, with the cub following.
The major event of the day that has thrown us is Mommom's health. Bryce's grandma is in the hospital with pneumonia. He's very close to her. We had a scare this morning. I don't really want to go into it. I just ask that everyone that reads this prays for her, or throws some positive energy her way, whatever you want to do. We all love her very much.
Thanks.

2 comments:

Popa Espanet said...

Sounds like you two had a couple of seriuos scares that day. Hope Bryce's Grandma is not in pain and that her suffering will not last long. Tell Bryce that our thoughts are with him and his family. Nana sez; "Thanks for the Birthday wishes." .... Love, Nana & Popa Espanet

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Bryce's grandmother. My positive thoughts and wishes are flowing back east and to you all. As always please know that I am here if there is anything I can do. All my love,

MiLinda