Monday, April 14, 2008

Still on the hunt

We're still hunting for a home in Juneau. We have some promising leads, but half are ghetto and the other half are expensive. Yes, we're opting for the ones that are a little more expensive. (I know, what a shocker huh, for those of you that know how cheap I am.) We've been staying in the Juneau hostel (http://www.juneauhostel.net/). It's actually very nice. The hosts have a 3 year old that Drake runs around with. I asked Drake what he'd like to say to everyone that reads the blog. He says "Hi". That's it. We drove around for freaking ever today, looking for a place to live. It was horrible. I'm really getting crabby, I feel bad for Bryce and Drake. We went to this awesome place for dinner. Their pizza was rockin! I think I'm going to get a job there. I already have another job lined up, but this one is more accomodating to our schedules. So the last two days have been horrible, and I've been exhausted every night, so no blog. Too bad, so sad. But, yes, we're here, we're stoked, and we're gonna have a good time! p.s. I love Juneau. p.p.s. Yes the pics of the goat and buffalo are real and taken directly from the Jeep.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm glad you guys made it there safely. I'm loving your blog. Just be strong and stick together...you'll make it through anything. I'm having a hard time with Beau away but his job is going alright. Good Luck to you all on your new adventure!

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it safe and sound. This blog was such a great idea. I'm so glad I could be a part of it. Torie, hope to meet you and Drake sometime. Bryce, hope all goes well with the job and wish you all the best of luck. What a wonderful experience this will be for you and your family.
Amanda

Kristin said...

so glad you made it safe...what a crazy adventure...love you guys

Haylee & Chris said...

Hi Frankenberries,

We are glad you made it to Alaska safe. Hope you find a place soon, it always sucks looking for a place while living in a hotel.. Sorry we missed your party we are jerks. Keep the blog updated we will be checking to see how ya'll are doing. I wish I was there it is going to be a good time.

loves, hugs, and drugs (but not really any drugs)

Chris and Haylee